Living on Long Island means that there is always something to do and always a new way to get involved in the community. These March community events in Babylon will help you find new ways to get connected and serve the town of Babylon.
If you’ve ever been interested in learning more about starting a business and networking with those who have strong business experience, these regular meetings could be just the thing you’re looking for. The next meeting takes place on March 1, 2018.
Another great way to get involved in the community is by joining the Babylon Town Chamber of Commerce. This group puts all of its efforts towards improving the businesses and economics of Babylon. Come hungry—each meeting is accompanied by dinner and a cash bar. For more information, you can visit the BTCC website at babylontownchamber.org.
The West Babylon Lions are a group of community members who aim to give back to their neighbors by creating community events and volunteer options. The group meets regularly, and will have two meetings in March on the 14th and the 28th at the Lions Club House located in West Babylon.
Here on Long Island, our leaves are just beginning to change, but if you head north to the beautiful Adirondack Mountains, you can capture breathtaking views with spectacular colors. We have gathered up a list of some of the best fall road trips in New York so you can be the best leaf peeper possible.
- Gore Mountain. Head north to Gore Mountain to take a trip on a magnificent gondola ride. You will get to see all of the spectacular fall colors without having to do any driving.
- Revolution Rail Biking. After riding over the treetops, take a ride on an old railroad track on a modified peddle pusher. The six-mile out-and-back trek takes you through the mountains and over the Hudson River. Be sure to bundle up for cool weather.
Keep in mind, that according to this fall foliage map, the Adirondack area will see peak colors around October 8th. The Hudson Valley and Niagara area will peak around October 15th, and here on Long Island, we will reach our maximum color a bit later near October 22nd.
If you need a new vehicle for your fall road trips in New York, come visit us at Babylon Honda before you hit the road.
Here in New York, we are just on the cusp of peak fall foliage season. According to the Fall Foliage Prediction Map on SmokyMountains.com, Long Island will reach its peak somewhere between October 15th and October 22nd. Other areas of the state, like the Adirondack Mountains will peak earlier, near October 8th.
If you are looking for the best fall views in New York, here are a few places you should visit.
- Great Dome Car. Driving through the countryside is great, but it is even better when you don’t have to do the driving. Give everyone a break by taking the train, specifically, Amtrak’s Great Dome Car, which leaves from Albany.
- Bear Mountain State Park. Head to the top of Bear Mountain to enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding valley.
- Sands Point Preserve. For some great sights a little closer to home, head to Sands Point Preserve in Port Washington. Here, you can explore the trails, the 200-acre estate, and the historic mansions.
- Niagara Falls. Take in the spectacular sight of the falls while surrounded by beautiful autumn colors.
Where is your favorite place for fall views in New York? If you need a new car for your autumn excursions, come visit us right here at Babylon Honda.
Everyone knows about New York City, also known as “The Big Apple,” but New York State boasts an interesting history filled with facts that make it one of the most interesting in the country. Without further ado, here are some fun facts about New York from us here at Babylon Honda!
- Education is a strong point of New York. In fact, Manhattan’s Fashion Institute of Technology is the only school to offer a major in Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing.
- A throwback to New York’s “melting pot” status, the first daily Yiddish newspaper began circulating in New York City in 1885.
- As for more modern news, the New York Post is the country’s oldest running newspaper. It was originally established in 1803 by Alexander Hamilton himself!
- George Washington took the oath of office on the balcony of Federal Hall in New York City. The city was also the first capital of the United States.
- New York City wasn’t always a global center of trade. The Erie Canal was built across New York in the 1820s and provided access to what’s now known as the Midwest. That development made New York City a center of commerce.
- Farming and livestock have their home in New York. The nation’s oldest cattle ranch was established on Long Island in 1747. Dairy farms served as the state’s most important farming activity. In all, there are more than 18,000 cattle and calves farms throughout New York.
If you are located in The Empire State like Babylon Honda is, you know there are endless things to do all around us. Don’t just sit by your local pool all summer. Take a few weekends to get out and explore some of these New York destinations with friends and family.
This local brewery is situated in a beautiful part of New York, so the scenery here is always something to be appreciated. In the summer months, Ommegang hosts live music along with its regular public tours, so it’s a perfect place to take in sights, sounds, and, of course, beer.
Golden Hill State Park
If you live in the big city and are desperate for some one-on-one time with nature, you ought to drive to the northwest corner of New York to visit Golden Hill State Park. Bring your outdoor gear and set up a campsite right on Lake Ontario for a divinely peaceful weekend experience.
Enchanted Forest Water Safari
If your family is dying for a way to cool down, this is the perfect place to visit. Here you can spend a weekend riding water slides and water rides and finish it all off with a hike in the nearby Adirondacks.
Getting a new Honda model will open up a world of possibilities, especially when it comes to exploring nearby cities and surrounding areas. You can find great hiking trails near West Babylon, many of which are great for beginners and avid outdoorsmen and women. With scenic views, a diversity of flora and fauna, and challenging trails, you’ll love the hiking in the area.
Hiking trails near West Babylon tend to be located a few miles away. One of the most popular places to visit, according to Trail Link, is the Bayshore Trail. This two-mile stretch is part of the Henry Hudson Trail, located near the coast. You will find hard-packed cinder and sand in areas, and trail conditions vary based on weather. Nonetheless, you’re bound to enjoy a quick jaunt on the Bayshore Trail.
For those who love riding their bikes, check out the Bethpage Bikeway. As one of Long Island’s most popular trails, this route takes you over 12.5 miles of scenic views in Nassau county. The smooth asphalt surface is great for easy riding, and there are also clearly marked crossings near roads to keep you protected.
Finally, check out the Black River County Park Trail. Though you must take a short drive to New Jersey to access this trail, it is well worth it. This wild and forested dirt trails covers 2.3 miles in Morris County, offering scenic views and unforgettable bird watching. Due to the harsh terrain, this trail adds some difficulty.
These are just some of many hiking trails near West Babylon. Get outdoors and see what makes hiking and trails so special.
Looking for things to do in West Babylon? There are plenty of events and activities in the area, especially in the fall months. October brings farmer’s markets, open mic nights, and more. There is truly something for everyone in the West Babylon, NY area. Hop in your Honda model and explore the community.
According to ILoveBabylon.com, there’s always something in the area. One of the most popular fall events are farmer’s markets, including the Amityville and Lindenhurst markets. The Amityville market is open every Friday from 2pm to 7pm at the Amityville Village Offices. The Lindenhurst market is on Saturdays from 9am to 2pm at the Village Gazebo (corner of N. Wellwood Ave. and E. Hoffman Ave.). You can get fresh produce, sample artisan cheeses, find arts and crafts, and more.
Open mic night is also popular at One Main. You can see local musicians play some of their best tunes, and you can also enjoy the welcoming atmosphere. This event is held every Tuesday night, and you can also get local brews, appetizers, and more. Come support local artists while also having a great time.
These are just two of the many things to do in West Babylon. Stop by a farmer’s market or open mic night today.