For two decades, the Honda CR-V has been setting high standards for the compact SUV segment. It’s small but spacious, flexible and versatile, and comfortable no matter which seat you’re in. At Babylon Honda, we’ve always thought that the Honda CR-V was one of the best family cars on the market. It’s the perfect alternative to a large SUV or a smaller sedan. This year, we learned that Kelley Blue Book voted chose the 2017 Honda CR-V as one of their 12 Best Family Cars of 2017.
The 2017 Honda CR-V has managed to hold onto all of the original standards with which is debuted 20 years ago, while also developing new and updated features and designs. There’s extra room inside of the new Honda CR-V, as well as a new turbocharged engine option available on higher trims. A roomy cabin and an efficient engine are two things that made the 2017 Honda CR-V stand out as one of the best family cars for KBB.com.
The 2017 Honda CR-V sees updates to its appearance as well as its technology, adding Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility. These types of gadgets and comforts are always important in family transportation, but perhaps not quite as important as safety. The 2017 Honda CR-V keeps many safety features from previous models, such as airbags and stability control. But what’s remarkable is the now-standard Honda Sensing safety suite, which features many active safety features that assist the driver in keeping passengers safe.
Between the comfortable, roomy interior, the intelligent in-cabin technology, the efficient engine options, and the new standard safety features, it’s no wonder KBB.com chose the Honda CR-V as one of their 12 Best Family Cars of 2017. To learn more about what may make this compact SUV the perfect vehicle for you, call us at Babylon Honda.
Here on Long Island, our leaves are just beginning to change, but if you head north to the beautiful Adirondack Mountains, you can capture breathtaking views with spectacular colors. We have gathered up a list of some of the best fall road trips in New York so you can be the best leaf peeper possible.
- Gore Mountain. Head north to Gore Mountain to take a trip on a magnificent gondola ride. You will get to see all of the spectacular fall colors without having to do any driving.
- Revolution Rail Biking. After riding over the treetops, take a ride on an old railroad track on a modified peddle pusher. The six-mile out-and-back trek takes you through the mountains and over the Hudson River. Be sure to bundle up for cool weather.
Keep in mind, that according to this fall foliage map, the Adirondack area will see peak colors around October 8th. The Hudson Valley and Niagara area will peak around October 15th, and here on Long Island, we will reach our maximum color a bit later near October 22nd.
If you need a new vehicle for your fall road trips in New York, come visit us at Babylon Honda before you hit the road.
Here in New York, we are just on the cusp of peak fall foliage season. According to the Fall Foliage Prediction Map on SmokyMountains.com, Long Island will reach its peak somewhere between October 15th and October 22nd. Other areas of the state, like the Adirondack Mountains will peak earlier, near October 8th.
If you are looking for the best fall views in New York, here are a few places you should visit.
- Great Dome Car. Driving through the countryside is great, but it is even better when you don’t have to do the driving. Give everyone a break by taking the train, specifically, Amtrak’s Great Dome Car, which leaves from Albany.
- Bear Mountain State Park. Head to the top of Bear Mountain to enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding valley.
- Sands Point Preserve. For some great sights a little closer to home, head to Sands Point Preserve in Port Washington. Here, you can explore the trails, the 200-acre estate, and the historic mansions.
- Niagara Falls. Take in the spectacular sight of the falls while surrounded by beautiful autumn colors.
Where is your favorite place for fall views in New York? If you need a new car for your autumn excursions, come visit us right here at Babylon Honda.